Back to Success Stories
International Cosmetics Company Targets Qualified Candidates Using Facebook Ads.
L’Oréal is an international cosmetics company, with a reputation for innovation in the field of beauty. Despite its brand recognition, L’Oréal struggled to find a qualified candidate for a particular internship. After weeks of posting on job boards, L’Oréal had received many applications, but few were qualified. The company needed to quickly attract candidates from specific universities with particular educational backgrounds and experiences.
How to leverage Facebook Ads to fill internship positions?
- L’Oréal posted the internship description to their global recruitment Page on Facebook using the Work for Us app.
- Work for Us’ social features allowed fans and employees to distribute the job throughout their networks.
- L’Oreal then used Work4’s patented Facebook job ad platform, AdvertHiring, to distribute the job to qualified candidates beyond their fan base.
- Facebook Ads targeted specific users based on such profile info as education, interests, work history, and location.
- AdvertHiring automatically translated L’Oreal’s job description in Work for Us into a series of statistically-optimized Facebook Ads.
- Once the Facebook job ad was launched, AdvertHiring automatically managed its performance to ensure that it attracted
high quality candidates for the job opening.
Optimized performance and ROI
- The ad campaign generated 5.88 million impressions and 4,167 clicks. This click-through-rate (CTR) of 0.07% CTR was much higher than the average CTR of Facebook Ads (0.02%).
- These generated 153 applicants (3.67% conversion), almost all of whom were pre-qualified for the internship based on their education, experiences, etc.
Immediate and highly-quality turn-around
- Applicants began to view the job and submit their resumes minutes after the ad campaign went live.
- After weeks of limited success on job boards, L’Oréal received 17 qualified resumes within the first 12 hours.
Engagement of very specific candidate segments
- L’Oréal leveraged the app’s algorithms and database to identify particular candidates that they were unable to reach via job boards or career sites.
The Bottom Line
L’Oréal leveraged the Work for Us app and the AdvertHiring Facebook job ad platform, to reach very specific and hard to reach candidates. By using these advanced social recruiting tools, they were able to fill a position quicker and cheaper than through traditional job boards.